If you’re in London in May, and especially if you’re staying at the Best Western Palm Hotel, one of the top hotels near Wembley Stadium, there are so many things to do which are easy to get to. As well as the permanent London attractions, there is a wide range of seasonal activities and events to enjoy.
So what’s on in London this coming May? Here are a few of the coming attractions to London in May 2016...
• The Brixton Beer and Bread Festival. Head to Brixton Windmill on May 2nd for the 200th anniversary of this landmark. Celebrations will occur throughout the year, but this one is for beer lovers and is held in collaboration with Brixton Brewery. This event will see the launch of the Brixton Windmill Flour and malt milling for beer making.
• Covent Garden May Fayre and Puppet Festival will delight visitors on May 8th at St Paul’s Church in Covent Garden, not far from hotels in North London. It is an annual event which presents old fashioned entertainment including a grand procession, Punch and Judy, a noon church service presided over by Mr Punch, and an afternoon of puppetry, workshops, folk music, clowns, refreshments, and maypole. Funds raised will be donated to Londoners living with HIV.
• May 3rd to May 7th is London Craft Week. Head to various venues to see showcases of craftsmanship. The extensive program of courses and displays includes gun making at the Holland and Holland Factory; Craft Collecting at the Royal Academy of Arts; Wedgewood at the V&A; Watchmaking at the Vacheron Constantin; Candle making with Rachel Vosper in Belgravia; an Olfactive workshop at Chanel; Saddlery with the King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery at Woolwich; and much, much more.
• Greenwich Urban Village Fete is a modern nod to the traditional English outdoor fair. Situated on the Greenwich Peninsula, it will be held on Sunday May 15th and will feature vendors, designers, performers, hula-hoop classes, international street food, a New Orleans Brass Band, a DJ, creative workshops, and much more fun for all ages.
• Aladdin the musical is playing at the Prince Edward Theatre in Soho from May 27th to October 1st. It is a lavish Disney production and hails from Broadway. Introduce the kids to flying magic carpets, special effects, and memorable songs.
• Gir Lion Lodge is a London Zoo attraction that will run from May 29th to December 31st 2016. Pricey but well worth the outlay, this is a golden opportunity to literally sleep with a lion! You stay in a private luxury cabin right next door to the lion enclosure and also included in the fee is a two course dinner, a behind the scenes evening zoo tour, breakfast, and a morning tour, followed by the day at leisure in the zoo.
• MCM London Comic Con runs on the last weekend in May at the ExCel London, Custom House at Royal Victoria Dock. It is the biggest pop culture convention in the UK and offers visitors Manga, games, dealer stalls, Cosplay, and special guest encounters.