There is no doubt that Wembley Stadium is a London icon, hosting not only major football matches but also athletics, NFL, boxing, music concerts and other major events. Wembley is Europe’s second largest stadium (Camp Nou in Barcelona being the largest), and the largest in the UK, with a seating capacity of ninety thousand.
At a glance, Wembley Stadium:
1) Has a circumference of a kilometre
2) Encloses 4,000,000 m³ inside its walls and under its roof. This is the equivalent of 25,000 double-decker buses or 7 billion pints of milk
3) Contains almost half a kilometre of escalators
4) And has more toilets than any other venue worldwide
Home to the English National Football Team and a host site for the 2015 Rugby World Cup, Wembley Stadium is also famous for being part of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games, as well as hosting music concerts by everyone from Bon Jovi to Madonna, Coldplay to AC/DC, and the Live Earth concert.
Upcoming events at Wembley Stadium in late 2015/early 2016 include:
1) The Prodigy at the SSE Arena, Wembley, 4th and 5th December 2015
2) NFL International Series (American Football), October/November 2015
3) Kelly Clarkson at SSE Arena, November 20th, 2015
4) Weekend Street Food and Christmas Market, Wembley Park, November 20th 2015 – January 3rd 2016
5) Men’s Health Survival of the Fittest, November 21st, 2015
6) Ice Skating in Wembley Park, November 20th 2015 – January 3rd 2016
7) Def Leppard and Whitesnake at SSE Arena, December 18th 2015
8) The Carnival of Madness (Rock Concert) at SSE Arena, February 4th 2016
9) Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour 2016 at SSE Arena, February 11th and 12th, 2016
10) North London Half Marathon, March 20th, 2016
11) FA Cup Final on May 21 2016
Wembley Stadium is easily accessed via public transport; the Underground (via the Jubilee, Metropolitan, and Bakerloo lines), the London Overground, and also National Rail as well as buses. Almost 40,000 people come through Wembley Park station on an event day 100 trains an hour will go through the three Wembley stations servicing the Stadium. There is also car-parking onsite.
Accommodation near Wembley is also a breeze, when you choose to stay in the Best Western Palm Hotel in North London, the finest of hotels near Wembley Stadium. Make sure to book your accommodation here early when planning your trip to any event at Wembley Stadium, for a comfortable and convenient stay that is second to none.